Seven school children hurt in Rampur fire incident
Seven primary school children were hurt, two of them seriously, when a LPG cylinder caught fire in Kochdi primary school in Rampur on Friday.
The incident took place when the school children were trying to shut down the gas cylinder from which gas had started leaking.
According to the sources,a boy pressed the button a gas lighter when the cylinder nob was being closed. The cylinder caught fire which later blasted. The students were caught among the flames and received burn injuries.
The injured students were taken to a primary health centre located in Jeori from where they were referred to Rampur hospital. Two of the seriously injured children have been referred to IGMC, Shimla.
The school staff was allegedly absent and had handed over the keys to the school children who used to open the school doors.
This is not the case in Rampur alone, government school children in Himachal are generally asked to clean utensils, lift bags of teachers besides being compelled to perform other jobs by the teachers and other staff.
The government has ordered a probe once again which will end in protecting the accused teachers and staff.