- Haryana to constitute Anti -Terrorist Force ATF which will be called ‘Kavach’
- Kavach would have 150 police personnel
- Kavach personnel will be given 14 weeks training by National Security Guard (NSG) located at Manesar.
- Recruitment for STF will be done in three batches of 50 personnel from Haryana Police.
- The Kavach personnel could be transferred back to Haryana Police
Making the announcement,Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said Kavach would have 150 police personnel who will be given 14 week training by National Security Guard (NSG) located at Manesar.
The state government will launch special recruitment drive for STF in three batches comprising 50 Haryana police personnel.
” Kavach has been constituted as a precautionary measure to deal with terrorist activities. The headquarters of Kavach would be at Gurugram and it will be headed by an officer of IG or ADGP rank.” Manohar Lal Khattar said.