Three arrested in Mumbai 13/7 blasts case
Mumbai: The Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) of the Mumbai Police Monday arrested three people in connection with last year’s July 13 serial blasts in which 27 people were killed and over 100 injured, sources said.
Claiming to have cracked the serial blasts that rocked Zaveri Bazar, Opera House and Dadar in south and central Mumbai, sources said the arrests have been made by Mumbai Police from Bihar.
ATS chief Rakesh Maria was likely to reveal more details in the case later Monday.
The investigation is being conducted by teams of the Mumbai Police, Maharashtra’s Criminal Investigation Department (CID), National Investigation Agency (NIA) and others, with support from the local security agencies in several states.
Three blasts at close intervals, on July 13 last year, shook the country’s diamond and gold hubs – Opera House and Zaveri Bazar – and a busy commercial area of Dadar, killing at least 27 people and leaving around 125 injured.